- Admissions and Scholarships
- How to Apply
How to Apply
Application Process and Important DatesDepending on the situation of the spread of infection with the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), the contents and procedures described in this Admissions Guide are subject to change, including the schedule and the screening process. Advance notification of changes will be made to students via the university’s website in principle.
|Round||Application Deadline||Interview Period||Admission|
Due date for
|1||December 14, 2022||December 20 or 21||Late January||February 24, 2023|
|2||January 25, 2023||January 31 or February 1||Late February to|
|March 23, 2023|
|3||February 8, 2023||February 14 or 15||Mid- to late March||April 13, 2023|
|4*1||March 15, 2023||March 22 or 23||Mid- to Late April||May 18, 2023|
|5||April 12, 2023||April 18 or 19||Mid- to late May||June 8, 2023|
|6||May 10, 2023||May 16 or 17||Early June||June 20, 2023*2|
|7*3||June 7, 2023||June 13 or 14||Mid-July||July 27, 2023|
*1 Round 4: Applicants for University Recommendation for Doshisha Undergraduate Students should submit the formal application before Round 4 deadline. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered for this recommendation scheme.
*2 Round 6: Successful Applicants of Round 6 should note that the due date of admission fee payment is set much earlier than the other application rounds.
*3 Round 7: This round is only available for applicants who have Japanese nationality or who currently reside in Japan with a valid visa for the entire period between your application and enrollment. Please refer to the 2023 Admissions Guide for further details.
2. How to Apply
|Step 1||Check Eligibility and Admission Requirements|
Please make sure to read the relevant 2023 admissions guide thoroughly.
We have three different admission schemes for 2023 entry students.
Doshisha undergraduate students may seek entrance to our program through this University Recommendation scheme by submitting a letter of recommendation from the dean of their department.
This admission scheme is for applicants who intend to retain their positions with their current employers during the two years of their MBA studies and return to their place of employment after graduation.
Download the Admissions Guides
|Step 2||Information Session|
If you are interested in applying for our Global MBA but would like to consult with us first, we invite you to join the Information Session. It can help you learn about Global Business and Management Studies at Doshisha Business School and assist you with your formal application should you decide to apply. There is no charge to apply for the Information Session.
Learn more and apply for the information Session
|Step 3||Make a Formal Application|
Please complete the formal application in accordance with the instructions given in the admissions guide.
Complete the Application Fee
The non-refundable application fee (15,000 JPY) can be paid either by bank transfer or online by credit card. Please refer to the admissions guide for more details.
Submit the Application Package
Please submit your formal application form and other required documents by the specified deadline. (*Your application package must reach Doshisha University by the deadline to be considered.)
The required documents may vary for those applying under the University or Company recommendation schemes. Please check the relevant admissions guide.
Designation codes for exams:
RO Address: Karasuma Imadegawa, Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto, 602 8580, Japan
3. Screening of DocumentsOur admissions team will review your application form and supporting documentation when we receive them in full. Our admissions team will allocate the date and time of Formal Interview within the Formal Interview schedule. Please see 3.3 Important Dates for the Formal Interview schedule. Basically, applicant’s convenience will not be considered. Please leave your schedule open for the entire Formal Interview schedule. Those who cannot attend the interview on the set schedule and those who submit the incomplete documents by the deadline must apply again in the other round or the next year.
4. Formal InterviewThe formal interview is conducted by the faculty members of Doshisha Business School (DBS) and is an important part of the applications process and an opportunity for us to assess your motivation, communication skills, and suitability for the program. Applicants residing in Japan may be invited to a face-to-face interview, or have their interview scheduled using a video conferencing service such as ZOOM. All overseas applicants will be interviewed using video conferencing service such as ZOOM.
5. Admissions DecisionFollowing the interview, a final decision will be made on your application by DBS faculty members and you will be notified of the decision shortly thereafter.
6. Offer and EnrollmentSuccessful applicants will receive an offer letter and are required to pay a non-refundable admission fee of 200,000 JPY by the specified deadline (please see 1. Schedule). Once you have accepted your place and paid the admission fee, you can then proceed to the registration procedures including immigration procedures for overseas applicants.