Prof. Iizuka obtained her MBA and MA (development economics) from Stanford University and her Ph.D. degree from Kyoto University by conducting an in-depth study of management in an Asian developing society.
After a stint at the World Bank in Washington, D.C. working on projects for East Europe, Asia and Africa, she was a faculty member of the Asian Institute of Management in the Philippines, known for its diverse students from Asia. Prior to Doshisha, Prof. Iizuka was a professor at the Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University in Japan. The courses she teaches and have taught are Strategic Management, International Business Management, Business Ethics and CSR, Asian Business Management, and among others.
Through her long experience in the MBA and executive education in Asia, Prof. Iizuka has taught students from more than 100 countries and regions around the world.
- Responsible Leadership in the Global Context
- People and Organizations
- Critical and Analytical Thinking
- Master Thesis and Research Project I, II, III
Area of Expertise
- Global Business Strategy and Organization
- Sustainability and Business Ethics
- Mindfulness and Leadership
- Japanese and Asian Business Management